More than two million medical students, doctors and other health professionals from around the globe have owned a copy of Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine since it was first published. Today’s readers rely on this beautifully illustrated text to provide up-to-date detail of contemporary medical practice, presented in a style that is concise and yet easy to read. Davidson’s provides the factual knowledge required to practise medicine, explaining it in the context of underlying principles, basic science and research evidence, and shows how to apply this knowledge to the management of patients who present with problems rather than specific diseases. The book has won numerous prizes including being highly commended in the British Medical Association book awards.
Davidson’s global perspective is enhanced by the input of an international team of authors and a distinguished International Advisory Board from 17 countries. Building on the foundations laid down by its original editor, Davidson’s remains one of the world’s leading and most respected textbooks of medicine.
Shipping Weight: 4 kg
Price : 225 ribu
Students, residents, and instructors swear by Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine because it presents just the right amount of information, just the right way. This updated edition has been revised to provide the most current, easy-to-digest review of internal medicine. Comprehensive yet concise, it focuses on the high-yield core knowledge important to those established in or just entering the field.
- Excellent images and photographs vividly illustrate the appearance and clinical features of disease.
- Full-color design makes absorbing and retaining information as effortless as possible.
- Highlights the core principles of medicine and how they apply to patient care.
- Focused revision reduces the number of pages from the previous edition, providing more high-yield core information in an accessible format.
- Clear, concise writing style facilitates comprehension, while new figures, tables, and end-of-chapter references enhance readability and retention.
- Consistent format provides clarity. Each section describes key physiology and biochemistry, followed by comprehensive accounts of the diseases of the organ system or field covered in the chapters.
- Brand-new chapters on Thrombosis and Head and Neck Infections ensure coverage of the topics most relevant to each reader’s needs.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes web-only extras, additional figures and tables, clinical photos, radiologic images, video procedures, imaging studies, and audio recordings, in addition to the fully searchable text and all of the images from the book.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
Authors: Ivor J. Benjamin
Shipping Weight: 4 kg
Price : 215 ribu
Since 1927, Goldman-Cecil Medicine has been the world’s most influential internal medicine resource. In the ground-breaking 25th edition, your original purchase ensures you will be up-to-date without the need for a subscription. Through the new, more powerful Expert Consult eBook platform, this “living text” provides continuous updates that will integrate the latest research, guidelines, and treatments into each chapter, ensuring that the content is as current as the day this edition was first published.
Goldman-Cecil Medicine offers definitive, unbiased guidance on the evaluation and management of every medical condition, presented by a veritable “Who’s Who” of modern medicine. A practical, straightforward style; templated organization; evidence-based references; and robust interactive content combine to make this dynamic resource quite simply the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, state-of-the-art clinical answers you need.
“The content is superb, authoritative and not surprisingly very up to date.” Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown, on behalf of Glycosmedia Date: July 2015
- Expert Consult eBook version included with print purchase:
- Access continuous updates from Editor Lee Goldman, MD, who thoroughly reviews internal medicine and specialty journals, updating online content to reflect the latest guidelines and translating that evidence into treatment.
- Interactive Q&A section features over 1,500 board-style questions and answers to aid in preparing for certification or recertification exams.
- Outstanding supplementary tools include figures, tables, videos, heart and lung sounds, treatment and management algorithms, fully integrated references, and thousands of illustrations and full-color photos.
- Search all of the text, figures, supplementary material, and references from the book on a variety of devices and at no additional cost – Expert Consult access is included with this title!
- Practical, bulleted, highly templated text with easy-to-use features including flow charts and treatment boxes.
- New chapters on global health, cancer biology and genetics, and the human microbiome in health and disease keep you on the cutting edge of medicine.
- Today’s most current evidence-based medicine guidelines help you form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible.
- Focused coverage of the latest developments in biology includes the specifics of current diagnosis, therapy, and medication doses.
- The reference of choice for every stage of your career! Goldman-Cecil Medicine is an ideal learning tool for residents, physicians, and students as well as a valuable go-to resource for experienced healthcare professionals.
Cecil – the best internal medicine resource available since 1927 – far exceeds the competition in versatility, ease-of-use and up-to-datedness.
Authors: Lee Goldman
Shipping Weight: 7 kg
Price : 460 ribu
For over half a century Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine has informed and educated students, doctors and other health professionals all over the world, providing a comprehensive account of the practice of medicine. Davidson’s Essentialsof Medicine provides the core content of the main textbook in a condensed format which will be invaluable whenever you are on the move – whether commuting, travelling between training sites, or on electives.
- This book provides a distillation of the core information required for clinical studies in medicine. While retaining the acclaimed readability of the main textbook it presents the key information in a format more appropriate for practical clinical work.
- The contents have been carefully selected by a team of junior doctors, emphasising only the topics that will be essential for clinical studies.
- The book includes additional chapters of content to aid clinical practice including a practically-focussed chapter on therapeutics and a useful guide to interpreting major clinical investigations.
- The text draws directly on the depth and breadth of experience of the Davidson’s authors and its International Advisory Board.
- Updated to include key changes and new illustrations included in Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
Authors: Jl. Allastair Innes
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 160 ribu
- Content is thoroughly updated and revised, based on extensive research with faculty and students.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format, Quick Hits, and Clinical Pearls make this edition even more time-saving and practical.
- A new 100-question, clinically-oriented practice exam is a practical self-assessment tool to prepare for the questions you will face in clinical practice.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content you need to know.
- Clinical pearls help you “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Numerous charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate easy retention of essential material.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
Authors: Steven S. Agabegi
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 120 ribu
With a strong patient-centered approach to care and an author team comprised of nurses and physicians, Seidel’s Guide to Physical Examination, 8th Edition, addresses teaching and learning health assessment in nursing, medical, and a wide variety of other health-care programs, at both undergraduate and graduate levels. This new edition offers an increased focus on evidence-based practice and improved readability, along with integrated lifespan content and numerous special features such as Clinical Pearls and Physical Variations, Functional Assessment, and Staying Well boxes.
- Evidence-Based Practice in Physical Examination boxes supply you with current data on the most effective techniques for delivering quality patient care.
- Clinical Pearls lend insights and clinical expertise to help you develop clinical judgment skills.
- Functional Assessment boxes present a more holistic approach to patient care that extends beyond the physical exam to patients’ functional ability.
- Staying Wellboxes focus you on patient wellness and health promotion.
- Risk Factor boxes provide opportunities for patient teaching or genetic testing for a variety of conditions.
- Differential diagnosis content offers you an understanding of how disease presentations vary and specific information for how to make diagnoses from similar abnormal findings.
- Abnormal Findings tables equip you with a quick, illustrated reference that allows for comparisons of various abnormalities along with key symptoms and underlying pathophysiology.
- Sample Documentation boxes clarify appropriate professional language for the process of recording patient assessment data.
- NEW! Advance Practice Skills highlighted throughout text makes identification and reference easier for students.
- NEW! Updated content throughout provides you with cutting-edge research and a strong evidence-based approach to care.
- NEW! Vital Signs and Pain Assessment Chapter groups important, foundational tasks together for easy reference in one location.
- NEW! Improve readability ensures content remains clear, straightforward, and easy to understand.
- NEW! Updated illustrations and photographs enhances visual appeal and clarifies anatomic concepts and exam techniques.
Authors: Jane W. Ball
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 85 ribu
The 13th edition of Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology continues this bestselling title’s long tradition as the world’s foremost medical physiology textbook. Unlike other textbooks on this topic, this clear and comprehensive guide has a consistent, single-author voice and focuses on the content most relevant to clinical and pre-clinical students. The detailed but lucid text is complemented by didactic illustrations that summarize key concepts in physiology and pathophysiology.
- Larger font size emphasizes core information around how the body must maintain homeostasis in order to remain healthy, while supporting information and examples are detailed in smaller font and highlighted in pale blue.
- Summary figures and tables help quickly convey key processes covered in the text.
- Bold full-color drawings and diagrams.
- Short, easy-to-read, masterfully edited chapters and a user-friendly full-color design.
- Brand-new quick-reference chart of normal lab values on the inside back cover.
- Increased number of figures, clinical correlations, and cellular and molecular mechanisms important for clinical medicine.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes the complete text, interactive figures, references, plus 50 self-assessment questions and more than a dozen animations.
Authors: John E. Hall
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 190 ribu
The Oxford Handbook of Pre-hospital Care provides the reader with authoritative, evidence-based advice on the assessment and management of pre-hospital care emergencies. It is designed to provide information for all immediate care practitioners including doctors, paramedics, emergency care practitioners, nurses and voluntary aid society members. The Oxford Handbook format and its pocket size make its content readily accessible and it can be carried easily in jackets or other personal protective clothing. Each section defines the important clinical features of the named condition and includes boxes containing essential advice. The treatment section incorporates national and international guidelines and protocols where available and reflects contemporary best practice. Topics include scene safety, personal protective equipment, basic and advanced life support, head injuries, chest injuries, abdominal and pelvic injuries, spinal injuries, musculoskeletal injuries, medical emergencies, mass gathering incidents, major incidents, burns and related problems. The authors have broad experience in pre-hospital care including civilian and military practice in various fields including medical emergencies, road traffic collisions, entrapments, ballistic trauma and major incidents. This is the essential quick-reference guide to pre-hospital medicine!
Authors: Ian Greaves
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 135 ribu
The Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care covers all aspects of palliative care in a concise and succinct format suited to busy professionals who need to access key information in their daily care of patients.
This new edition is revised throughout, with an additional emphasis on the nursing aspects of Palliative Care. The authors have included new sections on international palliative care, self care and liaison palliative care in acute hospitals. There is also extended material on the use of antibiotics, palliative care research and quality of life issues.
The second edition of the Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care continues to be an invaluable resource for all health professionals working with adults, children and families with palliative care needs.
Authors: Max Watson
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 185 ribu
Fully revised for this second edition, the Oxford Handbook of Occupational Health provides a concise practice-based guide. Bringing together the latest legislation and guidance with current practice in the field, this is your authoritative guide to assessing and managing health risks in the workplace.
Consisting of twelve sections covering the full breadth of practice, the Handbook includes workplace hazards and diseases, occupational health emergencies, and practical procedures. This second edition is also updated with new information on psychiatric emergencies, psychological therapies, chronic pain management, writing a policy, and obesity. Providing a thorough, easy-to-use guide to the whole of occupational health, this Handbook is the essential resource for all occupational physicians, occupational health nurses, occupational hygienists, and all those dealing with workplace health and fitness, giving you the information you need at your fingertips.
Authors: Julia Smedley
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 165 ribu