A thoroughly updated edition of this well-established guide to drugs and prescribing for intensive care. The book is split into two sections: an A-Z guide to the drugs available, and concise notes on the key topics and situations faced on a daily basis. The A-Z section provides succinct information on each drug including uses, limitations, administration directions and adverse effects. The second section details complications that may arise in patients with particular conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy and renal failure, and other factors that may affect drug prescribing. This revised edition includes eleven new drug monographs and covers several new topics, including sepsis and drugs for organ donation. Inside the back cover is a colour fold-out chart showing drug compatibility for intravenous administration. Presented in a concise, compact format, this book is an invaluable resource for doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals caring for critically ill patients.
Authors: Henry Paw
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 90 ribu
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Basic and Clinical Sciences Category! Anatomy texts just don’t get any better than Gray’s Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study.
- Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.
- Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.
- Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.
- Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Stay current and engaged in your anatomy courses with many new “In the Clinic” boxes, which offer access to in-depth clinical discussions related to specific diseases or procedures.
- Source your review material quickly and easily thanks to a list of additional relevant study aids at the beginning of each chapter.
- Improve your comprehension of cranial nerves with help from a brand-new visual map summarizing cranial nerve distribution and function.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, where you can also take advantage of an online anatomy and embryology self-study course, medical clinical cases, physical therapy clinical cases, self-assessment questions, and more.
- Further enhance your learning by pairing this textbook with its companion review products, Gray’s Anatomy for Students Flashcards, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 978-1-4557-1078-2) and Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy 2nd Edition (ISBN 978-1-4557-4802-0)!
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Authors: Richard L. Drake
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 215 ribu
Praise for the previous edition:
“The editors…know the needs of residents at a ‘grass-root level’…An easily accessible source of information for residents in training.”–Journal of Neurosurgery
The only portable handbook on operative techniques in neurosurgery, this step-by-step guide offers unparalleled coverage of every major operative procedure seen in daily practice. Concise chapters hold key clinical information on indications, preoperative planning, intraoperative technique, postoperative care, and complications, with insights and advice from renowned experts representing every main specialty in the field.
- Detailed coverage of all common neurosurgery
- Over 40 new chapters featuring the latest information
on intradural nerve sheath tumors, ulnar nerve submuscular transposition,
lambdoid synostosis, radiosurgery for skull base lesions, and much more
- Succinct bullet-point format for quick and easy
- Management pearls at the end of every chapter
highlight and expand on each procedure
- Nearly 200 new drawings emphasize key surgical steps
A reliable companion to Greenberg’s Handbook, the second edition of Fundamentals of Operative Techniques in Neurosurgery is a must-have resource for those in
training or for anyone who provides mentorship or support in the field of
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 175 ribu
For nearly a century, French’s Index of Differential Diagnosis has been unparalleled in providing the clinician with invaluable assistance in quickly and correctly diagnosing a disease from a whole range of presenting symptoms.
Arranged alphabetically by symptom, the text helps readers identify each presentation, describes the different diagnoses that it could represent, and explains the signs and tests used to make a diagnosis. Colour photographs of the highest quality have been included to help aid diagnosis at a glance.
- Completely updated and revised with contributions from key clinical specialists
- More than 600 high-quality photographs to aid rapid diagnosis
- Clear presentation and well-organised text with alphabetical structure, allowing instant access to information
- Differential diagnoses presented in clear lists and tables to aid rapid reference
The fifteenth edition of this essential text offers a succinct and well-illustrated aide-memoire that will be indispensable to trainee and established doctors in both general and hospital practice, as well as an invaluable reference for medical students.(800)
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 160 ribu
The balanced way to learn about fluids and electrolytes
Need a solid foundation in fluids and electrolytes but finding this complex subject difficult to permeate? Here’s the solution! Fluids and Electrolytes Demystified makes everything so easy to understand, you’ll feel like you’re learning through osmosis.
Written by a nursing professor, this accessible guide explains, clearly and concisely, the key elements underlying fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balance and imbalances. You will learn about the various health conditions related to imbalances and get details on diagnostic testing, regulators, and treatment options. Useful charts and key terms throughout help you to remember important concepts. Complete with end-of-chapter quizzes to test your knowledge, this book will teach you the fundamentals of fluids and electrolytes in no time at all.
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Fluids and Electrolytes Demystified is your shortcut to mastering this essential nursing topic. (250)
This fast and easy guide offers:
Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
An NCLEX-style quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
Causes and symptoms of fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalance-related conditions
Coverage of diagnostic tests and treatment options
A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam or at work
Authors: Joyce Y. Johnson
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 75 ribu
Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2016 is simply the fastest, most effective way to access up-to-date diagnostic and treatment information on more than 700 common medical conditions. The popular “5 books in 1” format provides quick guidance on diseases and disorders, differential diagnoses, medical algorithms, laboratory tests, and clinical practice guidelines. Yearly updates by experts in key clinical fields ensure that you’re current with fast-changing medical knowledge, and extra electronic content delivers more than 100 exclusive topics, additional algorithms, and much more.
- An easy-to-use format with cross-references, outlines, bullets, tables, boxes, and algorithms to expedite your search
- More than 200 lab tests help hone your skills in reviewing normal values and interpreting results
- Electronic access to additional algorithms, new images and tables, EBM boxes, patient teaching guides, and extra topics. Links between each section allow you to navigate easily from a selected topic to relevant associated material and back again
- More than 200 new figures and tables and 19 new topics in the Diseases and Disorders section, including diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis, traumatic brain injury, toxic megacolon, and primary immunodeficiency disease
- New topics in the Differential Diagnosis section, including eosinophilia, drug-induced neutropenia and methemoglobinemia, and respiratory distress in the newborn, and optimize patient care with 22 new tables and boxes
- 15 new algorithms, including goiter, jaundice, and trauma in pregnancy (2056)
Shipping Weight: 5 kg
Price : 380 ribu
For 30 years, the highly regarded Secrets Series® has provided students and practitioners in all areas of health care with concise, focused, and engaging resources for quick reference and exam review. The 6th Edition of Emergency Medicine Secrets, by Drs. Vincent J. Markovchick, Peter T. Pons, Katherine M. Bakes, and Jennie A. Buchanan, features the Secrets’ popular question-and-answer format that also includes lists, mnemonics, tables, and an informal tone – making reference and review quick, easy, and enjoyable.
- Top 100 Secrets and Key Points boxes provide a fast overview of the secrets you must know for success in practice.
- The proven Secrets® format gives you the most return for your study time – concise, easy to read, engaging, and highly effective.
- Portable size makes it easy to carry with you for quick reference or review anywhere, anytime.
- NEW: Expert Consult access features online, interactive multiple choice questions for every chapter, perfect for self-assessment.
- Thorough updates keep you current with what’s new in emergency medicine.(908)
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 175 ribu
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 130 ribu
Now in its Fourth Edition, Dosage Calculations Made Incredibly Easy! contains everything health care practitioners need to review and students need to learn about calculating drug dosages. This entertaining and informative reference reviews the basic math needed to perform dosage calculation, including fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios, and proportions. It walks the nurse through the interpretation of hundreds of examples of drug orders and the performance of hundreds of complex dosage calculations, and provides information on deciphering difficult abbreviations, dealing with unclear handwriting, reading medication labels, selecting administration equipment, and more. Special elements found throughout the book make it easy to remember key points.
Purchasers of this edition will also have access to the newest information on drugs at http://www.edruginfo.com. (388)
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 95 ribu
Includes 6 online-only chapters at no additional cost!
The #1 annual internal medicine guide that clinicians turn to first―extensively revised and updated
New to the 2016 edition of CMDT
- New sections on heart failure with preserved ejection fraction; drug-induced lupus; and treatment of hepatitis C virus infection
- Expanded section on treatment for chronic noncancer pain, and rewritten sections on allergic diseases, renal amyloidosis, and staphylococcal bacteremia
- Updated treatment recommendations for diabetes mellitus; for weight loss in obesity; and for chronic lymphocytic leukemia and hairy cell leukemia
- New tables outlining the 2014 AHA/ACC Guidelines for defining severe aortic stenosis and when to operate in chronic severe aortic regurgitation
- Revised recommendations for managing anticoagulation and for dual antiplatelet therapy, plus a new treatment algorithm for pulmonary hypertension
- The latest pharmacologic approaches, including new biologics and anti-integrins for Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis; new medications for metastatic prostate cancer; and a new discussion on the role of antidepressants in managing generalized anxiety disorder
- Learn more at CMDT2016.com!
Why CMDT is the ultimate clinical companion
- Detailed overview of other primary care topics, from gynecology, orthopedics and dermatology to ophthalmology, psychiatry, and neurology
- Only text with annual update on HIV and AIDS
- Specific disease prevention information
- Many decision-speeding diagnostic and treatment algorithms and tables
- Easy access to medication dosages, with trade names indexed and costs updated in each edition
- Current references, with unique identifiers (PubMed, PMID numbers) for rapid downloading of article abstracts and full articles
- CMDT Online (www.AccessMedicine.com/CMDT) provides access to CMDT 2016 plus expanded pathophysiology information and six additional online-only chapters at no additional cost:
- Chapter e1: Anti-Infective Chemotherapeutic & Antibiotic Agents
- Chapter e2: Fundamentals of Human Genetics & Genomics
- Chapter e3: Diagnostic Testing & Medical Decision Making
- Chapter e4: Information Technology in Patient Care
- Chapter e5: Integrative Medicine
- Chapter e6: Podiatric Disorders
In the primary care setting, only one text delivers the ideal balance of clinical practice and research evidence to optimize patient care CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment. Written by top clinicians, this trusted resource spans the fields of internal medicine, reviewing symptoms, signs, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment for more than 1,000 diseases and disorders. Turn to any page, and you’ll find concise, evidence-based answers to key questions concerning both in-hospital and ambulatory patient problems. In addition, sections feature a streamlined format that puts the latest diagnostic protocols, prevention strategies, and treatment options right at your fingertips. For more information, visit CMDT2016.com. (2076)
Shipping Weight: 5 kg
Price : 385 ribu