Medical Secrets is an easy-to-read, best-selling volume in the Secrets Series®, perfect for use in clerkships, for board prep, or as a handy clinical reference. Mary P. Harward, MD presents core medical knowledge in the trusted question-and-answer format to help you better meet the challenges you face every day.
- Prepare effectively with the proven question-and-answer format of the highly acclaimed Secrets Series®.
- Master all common conditions and their treatments.
- Identify key facts and secrets using the “Top 100 Secrets” section.
- Review material quickly thanks to bulleted lists, tables, and short answers.
- Apply pearls, tips, memory aids, and “secrets” from experts in the field.
- Stay current on the latest standards in medical care thanks to extensive updates, including new chapters on Medical Ethics, Vascular Medicine, and Palliative Medicine.
- Get the latest key information at a glance with over 30 new tables and several new figures.
- Consult the book wherever you go thanks to the portable size that fits in your lab coat pocket.
- Find information easily using the two-color page layout, “Key Points” boxes, and a highly detailed index.
Authors: Mary P. Harward
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 135 ribu
Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Board Review: Questions and Answers is designed specifically to help prepare physicians-in-training and practicing clinicians for the ABIM certification and maintenance- of-certification examinations in internal medicine. This question-and-answer companion to Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Board Review, 10th Edition, tests physicians and physicians-in- training on all relevant material related to the goals set forth by ABIM to ensure the success of internal medicine clinicians. To facilitate study, alleviate potential distractions and simplify quick reference, this book is organized according to its companion text. Each chapter is devoted to the study of a particular subspecialty topic (eg, allergy, cardiology, dermatology, etc) and cross-content referenced to topics related to general internal medicine (eg, men’s health, women’s health, geriatrics, etc). Chapters feature anywhere from 5 to 50 questions, each structured as a potential patient encounter with multiple-choice diagnostic and treatment responses. By testing physicians-in-training and practicing clinician’s knowledge of internal medicine and clinical thinking skills, Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Board Review: Questions and Answers seeks to promote the best education and care in internal medicine.
Authors: Robert D. Ficalora
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 60 ribu
Brought to you by the expert editor team from Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, this brand-new handbook provides a digestible summary of the 241 disease-oriented chapters contained within the parent text. Boasting an exceptionally templated design with relevant tables and illustrations, it distills the essential, up-to-date, practical information available in infectious disease. This high-yield manual-style reference will prove useful for a wide variety of practitioners looking for quick, practical, and current infectious disease information.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Provides a digestible summary of the 241 disease-oriented chapters contained within Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition (ISBN: 978-1-4557-4801-3).
- Covers hot topics in infectious disease, such as Hepatitis B and C, Influenza, Measles, Papillomavirus, HIV, MERS, and C. difficile.
- Templated design includes relevant tables and illustrations.
- Ideal for the non-infectious disease specialist, including primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, students, residents, pharmacists, emergency physicians, and urgent care physicians.
Authors: John E. Bennett
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 120 ribu
Lippincott’s Illustrated Reviews: Physiology brings physiology clearly into focus, telling the story of who we are, how we live, and, ultimately, how we die. By first identifying organ function and then showing how cells and tissues are designed to fulfill that function, Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Physiology decodes this discipline like no other text or review book. Each element was tailored for ease of use and fast content absorption, all combining to bring this story to life for readers. Visionary artwork, Clinical Applications, and Unit Review Questions teach and reinforce the most essential concepts in physiology—perfect for classroom learning and test/boards preparation!
- More than 600 lively, full-color illustrations, the hallmark of the series, painstakingly, and often humorously, guide readers step by step through complex processes.
- Overviews and Chapter Summaries set clear goals for topic mastery and reemphasize essential concepts from each chapter in a coherent framework.
- Clinical Applications boxes and clinical images encourage readers to apply their knowledge, taking them from the classroom to the bedside.
- Margin Example Equation boxes and in-text boxes highlight memorable information and keep physiology in a real-world context.
- Consistent outline format makes critical information easy to access and assimilate.
- Cross references and Infolinks to topics within this book are keyed to page headers to expedite location and are also provided for topics in other books in the series for an interdisciplinary grasp of key concepts.
- Unit-review questions in board-review style test understanding of fundamental concepts as well as the ability to draw connections among multiple organ systems.
- Full-color animations that bring physiologic concepts to life.
- USMLE and COMLEX-style questions and online access to an online e-book.
- Study resources include a map cross-referencing to BRS Physiology that gives users a more complete explanation of difficult concepts.
Authors: Robin R. Preston
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 115 ribu
A trusted classic for over 50 years, Krause’s Food and the Nutrition Care Process, 14th Edition presents the most cutting-edge and up-to-date dietetics content available in this ever-changing field. Nicknamed the “nutrition bible”, students and practitioners alike turn to its current, comprehensive content, engaging pedagogy and design, and logical presentation of information. This new edition includes the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, more visuals, and highlighted Clinical Case Studies, Clinical Insights, and Clinical Applications boxes that help translate scientific knowledge into practical patient care. Written by nearly 50 nationally recognized writers, researchers, and practitioners, it covers nutrition assessment and intervention, the nutritional needs of individuals in different stages of the life cycle, nutrition for health and fitness, and medical nutrition therapy.
- Authored by clinical specialists, ensuring in-depth coverage with many practical and evidence-based recommendations.
- Sample Nutrition Diagnosis boxes present a problem, its etiology, and its signs and symptoms before concluding with a sample nutrition diagnosis, providing both students and practitioners with real-life scenarios they may encounter in practice.
- UNIQUE! Pathophysiology algorithms present the cause, pathophysiology, and medical nutrition management for a variety of disorders and conditions to help you provide optimal nutritional care.
- Chapters on nutrition in each of the life cycle phases, include:
- Nutrition in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Nutrition in Infancy
- Nutrition in Childhood
- Nutrition in Adolescence
- Nutrition in the Adult Years
- Nutrition in Aging
- Focus On boxes provide thought-provoking information on key concepts for well-rounded study and further discussion within the classroom.
- New Directions boxes point you toward additional research on emerging areas in nutrition therapy.
- Clinical Insight boxes expand on clinical information, highlight areas that may go unnoticed, and contain clinical resources for students and practitioners.
- Chapters on the nutritional care of the low-birth-weight and premature infant feature information on how to support their health, growth, and development.
- Useful websites direct you to online resources that relate to chapter topics.
- Key terms are defined at the beginning of each chapter and bolded within the text where they are discussed in more detail.
- NEW! The most up-to-date content throughout, including the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- NEW! Worksheets on how to calculate parenteral and enteral nutrition needs added to Chapter 14: Food and Nutrient Delivery: Nutrition Support Methods.
- NEW! Clinical Case Studies and Clinical Applications boxes help translate academic knowledge into practical patient care.
- NEW! The latest recommendations from the National Institutes of Health are discussed in Chapter 33: MNT for Cardiovascular Disease.
- NEW! Standards of Care recommendations incorporated throughout the book.
- NEW! Inflammation and the Pathophysiology of Chronic Disease chapter cross-references to diseases with inflammation in the MNT chapters.
- NEW! More visuals added to Chapter 6, Clinical: Water, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance, to help convey key concepts.
- NEW! Nutrition and the Affordable Care Act, Human Milk Banking, and Vending Machine Labeling Law boxes highlight the latest information on these hot topics.
- NEW! The Anti-inflammatory Diet appendix details the disease-fighting potential of anti-inflammatory foods.
- EXPANDED! MNT for Psychiatric Conditions chapter includes the most up-to-date material on Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Authors: Kathleen Mahan
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 210 ribu
For more than 30 years, International Trauma Life Support has been at the forefront of trauma education at all levels of emergency care worldwide. This practical, hands-on training offers a complete reference covering all skills necessary for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization, and transportation of the trauma patient. Updated with new photos and the latest approaches to the care of the trauma patient, this seventh edition conforms to the most recent AHA/ILCOR guidelines for artificial ventilation and CPR.
Authors: John Campbell
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 100 ribu
Hematology in Clinical Practice is a succinct, cutting-edge guide to the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of red blood cells, white blood cells, and hemostasis, and the use of blood components for transfusion. Each disease state is discussed in detail, incorporating the pathophysiology, clinical features, up-to-date laboratory testing, and current management strategies into a comprehensive and practical approach to hematologic disorders.
- New full-color presentation includes over 200 superb illustrations and classic images of blood morphology, tissue pathology, and clinical findings
- New Case Histories introduce and continue through relevant chapters, highlighting critical clinical points for diagnosis and management
- New end-of-chapter Points to Remember encapsulate key clinical information
- New chapters include Anemia in the Elderly and expanded and updated coverage of Transplantation and treatment of hematologic malignancies
- Outstanding collection of tables, charts, and illustrations that translate basic science into valuable clinical context
- Strong focus on practical clinical management and supportive care
- Coverage of state-of-the-art drugs and chemotherapies and the latest advances in genetic testing and molecular pathways
- Conveniently organized into sections on Red Cells, White Cells, Hemostasis, and Transfusion Medicine
Authors: Robert S. Hillman
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 115 ribu
A thoroughly updated edition of this well-established guide to drugs and prescribing for intensive care. The book is split into two sections: an A-Z guide to the drugs available, and concise notes on the key topics and situations faced on a daily basis. The A-Z section provides succinct information on each drug including uses, limitations, administration directions and adverse effects. The second section details complications that may arise in patients with particular conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy and renal failure, and other factors that may affect drug prescribing. This revised edition includes eleven new drug monographs and covers several new topics, including sepsis and drugs for organ donation. Inside the back cover is a colour fold-out chart showing drug compatibility for intravenous administration. Presented in a concise, compact format, this book is an invaluable resource for doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals caring for critically ill patients.
Authors: Henry Paw
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 90 ribu
2015 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Basic and Clinical Sciences Category! Anatomy texts just don’t get any better than Gray’s Anatomy for Students! Now in its 3rd edition, this completely revised medical textbook continues its focus on just the core information you need for your anatomy courses, presenting everything in an easy-to-read, visually appealing format that facilitates study.
- Obtain reliable, accessible coverage of everything you will learn in your contemporary anatomy classes with expert knowledge from a team of authors who share a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience.
- Easily locate and remember specific structures. More than 1,000 innovative, original illustrations by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity.
- Understand the practical applications of anatomical concepts through unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies.
- Expedite the review of basic concepts from each chapter with Conceptual Overviews.
- Stay current and engaged in your anatomy courses with many new “In the Clinic” boxes, which offer access to in-depth clinical discussions related to specific diseases or procedures.
- Source your review material quickly and easily thanks to a list of additional relevant study aids at the beginning of each chapter.
- Improve your comprehension of cranial nerves with help from a brand-new visual map summarizing cranial nerve distribution and function.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, where you can also take advantage of an online anatomy and embryology self-study course, medical clinical cases, physical therapy clinical cases, self-assessment questions, and more.
- Further enhance your learning by pairing this textbook with its companion review products, Gray’s Anatomy for Students Flashcards, 3rd Edition (ISBN: 978-1-4557-1078-2) and Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy 2nd Edition (ISBN 978-1-4557-4802-0)!
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Authors: Richard L. Drake
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 215 ribu
Praise for the previous edition:
“The editors…know the needs of residents at a ‘grass-root level’…An easily accessible source of information for residents in training.”–Journal of Neurosurgery
The only portable handbook on operative techniques in neurosurgery, this step-by-step guide offers unparalleled coverage of every major operative procedure seen in daily practice. Concise chapters hold key clinical information on indications, preoperative planning, intraoperative technique, postoperative care, and complications, with insights and advice from renowned experts representing every main specialty in the field.
- Detailed coverage of all common neurosurgery
- Over 40 new chapters featuring the latest information
on intradural nerve sheath tumors, ulnar nerve submuscular transposition,
lambdoid synostosis, radiosurgery for skull base lesions, and much more
- Succinct bullet-point format for quick and easy
- Management pearls at the end of every chapter
highlight and expand on each procedure
- Nearly 200 new drawings emphasize key surgical steps
A reliable companion to Greenberg’s Handbook, the second edition of Fundamentals of Operative Techniques in Neurosurgery is a must-have resource for those in
training or for anyone who provides mentorship or support in the field of
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 175 ribu