The definitive guide to understanding, diagnosing, and treating urologic disorders – completely updated with the latest clinical developments
Smith & Tanagho’s General Urology, 18th edition offers a complete overview of the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders managed by urologic surgeons. This trusted classic delivers a clear, concise presentation of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of all major urologic conditions. The well-organized, user-friendly design makes relevant clinical information and management guidelines easy to find and simple to implement.
- High-yield descriptions of the latest diagnostic modalities and management protocols
- More than 1,600 illustrations and figures, including CT scans, radionuclide imaging scans, and x-rays
- NEW chapter on robotic surgery in urology
- Extensively updated chapters on chemotherapy of urologic tumors, neoplasms of the prostate, and vascular interventional radiology
- Ideal for residents and medical students who require a concise and comprehensive reference
- Great for board preparation
Authors: Jack W. McAninch
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 140ribu
This 7th edition of Dejong’s The Neurological Examination offers practitioners and residents of Neurology an in-depth discussion of neurologic exams that will not be found anywhere else.
Without abandoning classic concepts and science, this definitive source on neurologic examination techniques has been streamlined and updated. The text integrates details of neuroanatomy and clinical diagnosis in an easy-to-read format. Anatomical and exam illustrations help ensure proper technique. Plus, illustrative cases and tables summarize differentials and list clinical findings. With this book as their guide, readers will truly understand the anatomical underpinnings of examination techniques.
• Four-color design
• Updated figures and references
• Text is supplemented by helpful boxes that highlight key points
• When available, evidence-based medical insights are incorporated in assessing the value of specific tests
“In summary, the updated edition represents a worthwhile source of evaluated, evidence-based insights into up-to-date clinical neurological examination and valuable specific tests helping to ensure proper techniques in neurological diagnosis.” – European Journal of Neurology Volume 21, Issue 1 January 2014 Page e7.
“Most of us in practice will appreciate the balance of anatomy and pathophysiology here, as we are typically consulting such texts…”
“This textbook, however, can play an important role in medical education at all levels.”
Book Review: Breaking Down Neurophobia, Posted on January 27, 2014
By Sarah Matteson Kranick, MD, World Neurology
Authors: William W. Campbell
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 150 ribu
The only gynecology resource that combines a full-color text and a procedural atlas—revised and updated
Part medical text, part surgical atlas, Williams Gynecology is written by the renowned team of ob-gyn clinicians at Dallas’ Parkland Hospital who are responsible for the landmark Williams Obstetrics. The new edition of Williams Gynecology maintains the consistent tone, leading-edge clinical insights, and quality illustrations of the successful first edition, while expanding and refreshing its content to keep pace with the most recent developments in this dynamic field.
The many important topics covered in Williams Gynecology are evidence-based, yet the book is specifically designed as a practical quick-reference guide, aided throughout by helpful teaching points. Reflecting the latest clinical perspectives and research, the second edition features outstanding new coverage of minimally invasive procedures, robotics, and gynecologic anatomy.
- Two resources in one—full-color medical text and surgical atlas—conveniently surveys the entire spectrum of gynecologic disease, including general gynecology, reproductive endocrinology and infertility, urogynecology, and gynecologic oncology
- Atlas of gynecologic surgery contains 450 figures that illustrate operative techniques
- Unique consistent text design for an efficient approach to diagnosis and treatment
- Strong procedure orientation covers a vast array of surgical operations, which are illustrated in detail
- Evidence-based discussion of disease evaluation reinforces and supports the clinical relevance of the book’s diagnostic and treatment methods
- Distinguished authorship from the same Parkland Hospital-based team which edited Williams Obstetrics—the leading reference in obstetrics for more than a century
- Newly illustrated gynecologic anatomy chapter created with the surgeon in mind to emphasize critical anatomy for successful surgery
- New coverage of minimally invasive procedures and robotics, the latest procedures in gynecologic oncology, and in-vitro fertilization
- Numerous illustrations, photographs, tables, and treatment algorithms
Shipping Weight: 4 kg
Price : 230 ribu
Dependable, current, and complete, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 9th Edition is the perennially best-selling text that you’ll use long after your medical student days are behind you. A world-class author team headed by Drs. Vinay Kumar, Abul Abbas, and Jon Aster, delivers the latest, most essential pathology knowledge in a readable, interesting manner, ensuring optimal understanding of the latest basic science and clinical content. High-quality photographs and full-color illustrations highlight new information in molecular biology, disease classifications, new drugs and drug therapies, and much more.
- Rely on uniquely authoritative and readable coverage, ideal for USMLE or specialty board preparation, as well as for course work.
- Simplify your study with an outstanding full-color, highly user-friendly design.
- Stay up to date with the latest information in molecular and genetic testing and mechanisms of disease.
- Consult new Targeted Therapy boxes online that discuss drug therapy for specific diseases.
- Gain a new perspective in key areas thanks to contributions from new authors at the top of their fields.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. Further your understanding with access to a wealth of interactive ancillaries on the Student Consult site, including pathology case studies and videos and self-assessment questions.
Authors: Kummar Abas Aster
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 235 ribu
The landmark dermatology text that bridges the gap between science and clinical medicine—updated for today’s practice
Generations of clinicians, skin biologists, residents, and educators have acclaimed Fitzpatrick’s as the most authoritative and complete guide to dermatologic basic sciences, histopathology, diagnosis, and treatment. Edition after edition, it reflects the latest insights into skin diseases and skin biology—and their practical relevance to general internal medicine—while covering the scientific foundations of the specialty.
This classic yet cutting-edge text is supported by the expert insights of more than 500 internationally respected contributors, and it covers everything dermatologists need to know about skin, dermatologic signs of underlying disease, and the management of all skin diseases, including acne, skin cancer, and psoriasis.
- More than 3000 full-color photographs
- DVD with image bank includes downloadable figures from the text
- New illustration style makes difficult concepts easier to understand
- Therapeutic ladders with first, second, and third line therapies
- New or thoroughly revised chapters on Psoriasis; Skin disease in immunosuppressed patients; Epidermal stem cells; Hair growth disorders; Neonatal, pediatric, and adolescent dermatology; Radiotherapy; Immunobiologicals and cytokines; Lasers for rejuvenation
- Expanded medical and surgical therapeutics sections guide you through all treatment options
Shipping Weight: 7 kg
Price : 555 ribu
The seventh edition, Trauma reaffirms its status as the leading comprehensive textbook in the field. With a new full-color design and a rich atlas of anatomic drawings and surgical approaches, Trauma, 7e takes you through the full range of injuries the trauma surgeon is likely to encounter. The book also features timely coverage that explains how to care for war victims who may require acute interventions such as amputation.
Supported by numerous x-rays, CT scans, plus informative tables throughout, this trusted reference begins with an informative look at kinematics and the mechanisms of trauma injury. Subsequent chapters provide useful background information on the epidemiology of trauma; injury prevention; the basics of trauma systems, triage, and transport; and much more. The next section meticulously reviews generalized approaches to the trauma patient, from pre-hospital care and managing shock, to emergency department thoracotomy and the management of infections. Trauma then delivers a clear organ-by-organ survey of treatment protocols designed to help you respond to any critical care situation with confidence, no matter what body system is involved. The remaining sections of the book will help you successfully handle specific challenges in trauma—including alcohol and drug abuse, and combat-related wounds—in addition to post-traumatic complications such as multiple organ failure.
- NEW! Trauma Atlas contains precise, concept-clarifying anatomical illustrations and proven surgical techniques that make common procedures more accessible than ever before
- High-yield section on specific approaches to the trauma patient prepares you for the wide spectrum of cases in trauma/critical surgery care, including: Disaster and mass casualty; Rural trauma; Management of shock; Post-injury hemotherapy and hemostasis; Emergency department thoracotomy; Diagnostic and interventional radiology; Surgeon-performed ultrasound; Anesthesia and pain management; Infection;
- A-to-Z overview of the management of specific traumatic injuries;
- Detailed discussion of the management of complications
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 205 ribu
From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. This go-to medical reference book offers masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face each day, in addition to providing the most up-to-date information available for effective board preparation.
- Address the unique needs of pediatric patients with guidance from an entire section on pediatric anesthesia.
- View more than 1,500 full-color illustrations for enhanced visual clarity.
- Access step-by-step instructions for patient management, as well as an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Quickly reference important concepts with ‘Key Points’ boxes integrated into every chapter.
- Stay current on today’s most recent anesthetic drugs and guidelines/protocols for anesthetic practice and patient safety, and access expanded coverage on new techniques such as TEE and other monitoring procedures.
- Remain at the forefront of new developments in anesthesia with coverage of hot topics including Non-OR Anesthesia; Role of the Anesthesiologist in Disasters; Sleep Medicine in Anesthesia; Perioperative and Anesthesia-related Neurotoxicity; Anesthetic Implications of Complementary and Alternative Medicine; and Robotics.
- Study brand-new chapters on Perioperative Fluid Management; Extracorporeal Support Therapies; Anesthesia for Organ Donation/Procurement; and Malignant Hyperthermia and other Genetic Disorders.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to conveniently search the full text, references, tables, and index from the book on your favorite devices, in addition to accessing regular updates, related websites, and an expanded collection of procedural videos.
Shipping Weight: 8 kg
Price : 625 ribu
Grabb and Smith’s Plastic Surgery has long been considered the premier reference for plastic surgery residents and practitioners. So it should be no surprise that for this 7th edition major steps have been taken to completely revise and refresh its content.
As always, this single-volume reference covers all major areas of plastic and reconstructive surgery, including pediatric issues. But updates in this latest edition include a complete reworking of the section on the Hand, an expansion of the dermatology coverage, a new section on body contouring, and 11 new chapters; Principles of Awake Sedation, Otoplasty, Congenital Anomalies of the Breast, Brachioplasty and Upper Trunk Contouring, Principles of Plastic Surgery after Massive Weight Loss, Anesthetic Techniques in the Upper Extremity; Management of Mutiliating Injuries of the Upper Extremity, Hand Tumors, Vascular Disorders of the Upper Limb, Management of the Burned Hand, and Rheumatoid Arthritis and Atypical Arthritic Conditions of the Hand.
Authors: Charles H. Thorne
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 180 ribu
Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy, the companion resource to the popular Gray’s Anatomy for Students, presents a vivid, visual depiction of anatomical structures. Newly updated with a wealth of material to facilitate study, this medical textbook demonstrates the correlation of structures with appropriate clinical images and surface anatomy – essential for proper identification in the dissection lab and successful preparation for course exams. Clinically focused, consistently and clearly illustrated throughout, and logically organized, Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy makes it easier than ever to master the essential anatomy knowledge you need!
- Build on your existing anatomy knowledge with structures presented from a superficial to deep orientation, representing a logical progression through the body.
- Identify the various anatomical structures of the body and better understand their relationships to each other with the visual guidance of nearly 1,000 exquisitely illustrated anatomical figures.
- Visualize the clinical correlation between anatomical structures and surface landmarks with surface anatomy photographs overlaid with anatomical drawings.
- Recognize anatomical structures as they present in practice through more than 270 clinical images – including laparoscopic, radiologic, surgical, ophthalmoscopic, otoscopic, and other clinical views – placed adjacent to anatomic artwork for side-by-side comparison.
- Quickly access and review key information with more clinical correlations, in addition to new Summary Tables at the end of each chapter that cover relevant muscles, nerves, and arteries.
- Gain a full understanding of cranial nerves through a brand-new Cranial Nerve Review section that offers a visual guide of the nerves, a table of reflexes, and an additional table of nerve lesions.
- Access the complete contents, dissection video clips, and self-assessment questions online at Student Consult.com.
Authors: Richard L. Drake
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 125 ribu