The Guyton and Hall Physiology Review is the ideal way to prepare for class exams as well as the physiology portion of the USMLE Step 1. More than 1,000 board-style questions and answers allow you to test your knowledge of the most essential, need-to-know concepts in physiology.
- Includes thorough reviews of all major body systems, with an emphasis on system interaction, homeostasis, and pathophysiology.
- Designed as a companion to the 13th edition of Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology, highlighting essential key concepts and featuring direct page references to specific questions.
- Provides essential information needed to prepare for the physiology portion of the USMLE Step 1.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes the full text plus an interactive assessment section.
- Language: English
Authors: John E. Hall
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 75 ribu
This concise pocket-sized guide presents the classic Bates approach to physical examination and history taking in a quick-reference outline format. It contains all the critical information needed to obtain a clinically meaningful health history and conduct a thorough physical assessment. Fully revised and updated to reflect currennt health care literature, the Seventh Edition will help health professionals elicit relevant facts from the patient’s history, review examination procedures, highlight common findings, learn special assessment techniques, and sharpen interpretive skills.
The book features a vibrant full-color art program and an easy-to-follow two-column format with step-by-step examination techniques on the left and abnormalities with differential diagnoses on the right.
Authors: Lynn S. Bickley
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 95 ribu
5 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“This is an outstanding choice for those who strive for a firm foundation in cardiovascular medicine, as well as an up-to-date and user-friendly source that addresses every discipline in the field. The updates and enhancements to this edition have made the book easier to use.”–Doody’s Review Service
Through thirteen editions, Hurst’s the Heart has always represented the cornerstone of current scholarship in the discipline. Cardiologists, cardiology fellows, and internists from across the globe have relied on its unmatched authority, breadth of coverage, and clinical relevance to help optimize patient outcomes. The thirteenth edition of Hurst’s the Heart continues this standard-setting tradition with 19 new chapters and 59 new authors, each of whom are internationally recognized as experts in their respective content areas.
Featuring an enhanced, reader-friendly design, the new edition covers need-to-know clinical advances, as well as issues that are becoming increasingly vital to cardiologists worldwide. As in previous editions, you will find the most complete overview of cardiology topics available―plus a timely new focus on evidence-based medicine, health outcomes, and health quality.
- 1548 full-color illustrations and 578 tables
- Companion DVD with image bank includes key figures and tables from the text
- The Cardiovascular Disease: Past, Present, and Future section includes a new chapter on assessing and improving quality of care in cardiovascular medicine
- The section on the scientific foundations of cardiovascular medicine has been thoroughly revised
- 2 new chapters in the section on the evaluation of the patient detail the process of effective diagnostic decision making based on technology, clinical trials, and practice guidelines
- A new chapter in the section on heart failure details cardiac transplantation
- The sections on primary heart disease include new chapters on topics such as preventive strategies for coronary artery disease and updated pharmacologic strategies for acute coronary syndromes
- The section on cardiopulmonary disease features new chapters on chronic cor pulmonale and sleep disorder breathing and its relationship to cardiovascular disease
- The section on valvular heart disease has four of the six chapter completely rewritten by new authors who are authorities in the field
- The final six sections feature new chapters on the environment and heart disease, surgical treatment of carotid and peripheral vascular disease and cost effective strategies in cardiology
- Language: English
Authors: Fuster Walsh
Shipping Weight: 6 kg
Price : 420 ribu
A new edition of a now classic, highly-illustrated textbook of clinical orthopaedic examination suitable for specialist trainee orthopaedic surgeons, rheumatologists, medical students and physiotherapists.
- A new edition of an internationally respected textbook of orthopaedic examination
- The unique ‘strip cartoon’ artwork programme provides an easy-to-read approach to the subject affording an effective way to learn
- A highly praised book by reviewers for its clear and lucid writing style
- The text reflects the classic ‘look, feel, move’ approach to patient evaluation
- Provides practical guidance on interpretation of radiographs
- Almost 1000 drawings produced by the author himself provide a unique means of teaching.
- The updated text includes a number of new tests and methods of assessing overall limb function.
- More information has been added in the section on back pain.
- There is an expanded description on the interpretation of the ankle jerk and more information on tracking the progress of skeletal maturation.
- A new up-to-date design reflects that of the sister volume Practical Fracture Techniques 5e
Authors: Ronald McRae
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 90 ribu
The most widely used and highly regarded textbook and reference of emergency medicine — Endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians
The 8th edition of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine provides the depth and breadth of coverage that reflects the complexity and expertise needed to practice emergency medicine successfully in today’s fast–paced environments. It is an important contemporary clinical emergency care resource for physicians, NPs, and PAs who practice emergency medicine and for emergency medicine and pediatric emergency medicine fellows. It remains the preferred study guide for in-training and board examinations and recertification.
NEW to this edition:
• Full-color design with more tables than ever to succinctly present key information
• Extensive updates to all sections, incorporating the latest guidelines, evidence-based protocols, and relevant research
• Expanded pediatric section, with complete clinical information for general and pediatric emergency physicians
• Expanded coverage of common emergency department procedures, with improved illustrations
• Online access to more than 30 videos, covering a wide range of procedural and diagnostic topics and focusing on the latest ultrasound-guided techniques
From the reviews of the seventh edition:
“Collectively, they have once again produced an excellent text that manages to cover the broad scope of emergency medicine while remaining an easily readable and practical resource….Last, for the inevitable comparison of this current edition of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine with other available emergency medicine textbooks available: in my opinion, Tintinalli’s still comes out on top. It is more concise and easier to read than some, yet it covers the breadth of emergency medicine practice more comprehensively than others….Just as previous editions did, the seventh presents all of the most pertinent and up-to-date information in a well-organized format that is comprehensive yet easy to read. That and many of the attractive new features in this current edition will ensure its place on my bookshelf for years to come.”―JAMA
Shipping Weight: 5 kg
Price : 370 ribu
Overcome the toughest clinical challenges in nephrology with Brenner & Rector’s The Kidney — the most well-known nephrology resource in the world. A diverse team of more than 200 international contributors brings you the latest knowledge and best practices on every front in nephrology worldwide. From basic science and pathophysiology to clinical best practices, Brenner & Rector’s The Kidney is your go-to resource for any stage of your career.
- Review of the basic science that underpins clinical nephrology, comprehensive selection of the most important bibliographical sources in nephrology, and Board Review-style questions help you prepare for certification or recertification.
- Coverage of kidney health and disease from pre-conception through fetal and infant health, childhood, adulthood, and into old age. Expanded sections and chapter on global perspective and ethical considerations.
- Uniform terminology and nomenclature in line with emerging consensus in world kidney community.
- More than 700 full-color high-quality photographs as well as carefully chosen figures, algorithms, and tables to illustrate essential concepts, nuances of clinical presentation and technique, and decision making provide a visual grasp and better understanding of critical information.
- Internationally diverse, trusted guidance and perspectives from a team of well-respected global contributors. An editorial team headed by Dr. Skorecki and handpicked by Dr. Brenner ensures the ongoing adherence to previous standards of excellence. All chapters have been extensively updated or entirely rewritten by authorities in their respective fields.
- The latest clinical information including recent clinical trials, genetic causes of kidney disease, cardiovascular and renal risk prediction in chronic kidney disease, new paradigms in fluid and electrolyte management, and pediatric kidney disease, keep you current with the rapid development of care and research worldwide.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
The must-have resource for mastering all areas of nephrology, extensively revised and with new global experts.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Authors: Karl Skorecki
Shipping Weight: 7 kg
Price : 560 ribu
Highly rated by First Aid for the USMLE !
The new gold standard for learning anatomy…Atlas of Anatomy, Second Edition, is the essential resource for anyone studying gross anatomy. Packed with over 2,400 full-color illustrations, this atlas guides you step-by-step through each region of the body, helping you master the details of anatomy.
- Exquisite full-color illustrations with clear, thorough labeling and descriptive captions
- Even more clinical correlations help students make the connection between anatomy and medicine
- Coverage of each region intuitively arranged to simplify learning: beginning with the skeletal framework, then adding muscles, organs, vasculature, and nerves, and concluding with topographic illustrations that put it all together
- Over 170 tables summarize key anatomic information for ease of study and review
- Innovative, user-friendly format in which each two-page spread is a self-contained guide to a topic
- Surface anatomy spreads now include regions and reference lines or planes in addition to landmarks and palpable structures to develop physical exam skills
- Muscle Fact spreads ideal for memorization, reference, and review organize the essentials about muscles, including origin, insertion, innervation, and action
- New sectional anatomy spreads at the end of units build familiarity with 2D views of anatomic regions
- Access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, with over 500 images from the book for labels-on and labels-off review and timed self-tests for exam preparation
Atlas of Anatomy is the student’s choice:
Thieme is the best anatomy atlas by far, hands down. Clearer pictures, more pictures, more realistic pictures, structures broken up in ways that make sense and shown from every angle…includes clinical correlations and summary charts of innervations and actions. That’s about all there is to it. Just buy it. Thank you Thieme!!! Ok, now back to studying…
In my opinion this book surpasses them all. It’s the artwork. The artist has found the perfect balance of detail and clarity. Some of these illustrations have to be seen to be believed…. The pearls of clinical information are very good and these add significance to the information and make it easier to remember. Easier to remember is key.
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 135 ribu
The student tested-and-reviewed way to prep for the family medicine shelf exam and the USMLE Step 2 CK
“A very complete review that will not only prepare you for the family practice shelf but for the Step 2 CK exam as well.” – Joshua Lynch, Medical Student, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
“Family Medicine: PreTest is well organized and the content areas discussed . . . are highly relevant to the material and concepts covered on the USMLE Step 2.” – Kevyn To, Medical Student, SUNY Upstate Medical UniversityFamily Medicine: PreTest Self-Assessment & Review is the perfect way to assess your knowledge of family medicine for the USMLE Step 2 CK and shelf exams. You’ll find 500 USMLE-style questions and answers that address the clerkship’s core competencies along with detailed explanations of both correct and incorrect answers. All questions have been reviewed by students who recently passed the boards and completed their clerkship to ensure they match the style and difficulty level of the exam.
- 500 USMLE-style questions and answers
- Detailed explanations for right and wrong answers
- Targets what you really need to know for exam success
- Student tested and reviewed
Family Medicine: PreTest Self-Assessment & Review is the closest you can get to seeing the test before you take it. Great for clerkship and the USMLE Step 2 CK! Family Medicine: PreTest asks the right questions so you’ll know the right answers. Open it and start learning what’s on the test.
Authors: Doug Knutson
Shipping Weight: 1 kg
Price : 80 ribu
Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology has for 20 years been the most comprehensive gastroenterology reference book, combining an encyclopaedic basic science approach to GI and liver disease with the latest clinical thinking, especially in diagnostic and therapeutic developments. It is universally respected across the globe.
It has always had an outstanding editor team led by Tachi Yamada, one of the world’s leading figures in GI research, and in addition, a hugely impressive team of contributors, each experts in their specific area.
Now with a new Editor-in-Chief, Dan Podolsky, Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, the 6th edition of this iconic textbook is modernising and improving in a number of ways:
- Now with free, fully searchable access to the entire digital text with every print purchase.
- A templated chapter approach, including separate chapter templates for a) basic science chapters; b) disease chapters and c) symptom chapters, resulting in more consistency in both structure, content and length of chapters.
- Far more clinically focused than before by virtue of a brand new section “Principles of Clinical Gastroenterology”. Containing 14 symptom-focused chapters, it will enable doctors to assess their patients in the clinic more effectively than ever.
- Increased coverage of key topics like autoimmune pancreatitis, fecal biomarkers, genetics, IBD, IgG4 systemic disease’, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Downloadable “hot topic” podcasts from the world’s key GI experts.
- Greater emphasis on clinical studies/trials, evidence-based practice, society guidelines, and governmental agencies than before.
- Every reference online, with hyperlinks to Pubmed/CrossRef, rather than ‘static’ print references. Key references will be retained in print.
- For more international and global authorship – along with the leading North American figures, the top European and Asian GI experts provide their expertise and insights throughout.
Yamada’s Textbook of Gastroenterology 6E is the complete gastroenterology reference book. With a greater than ever clinical focus, not only does it retain its position as the market leader in terms of basic science coverage, but it also cements itself as an outstanding resource to consult in terms of the clinical management of GI disorders.
Better than ever and with free, fully searchable access to the entire content digitally with the print book, it suits the needs of the modern day gastroenterologist, whether experienced or at the beginning of their career.
Authors: Daniel K. Podoski
Shipping Weight: 7 kg
Price : 555 ribu