The Tenth Edition of Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery maintains the book’s unmatched coverage of the foundations of surgery while bringing into sharper focus new and emerging technologies. We have entered a new era of surgery in which minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, and the use of computers and genomic information have improved the outcomes and quality of life for patients. With these advances in mind, all chapters have been updated with an emphasis on evidence-based, state-of-the-art surgical care. An exciting new chapter, “Fundamental Principles of Leadership Training in Surgery,” expands the scope of the book beyond the operating room to encompass the actual development of surgeons. This edition is also enriched by an increased number of international chapter authors and a new chapter on Global Surgery. More than ever, Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery is international in scope–a compendium of the knowledge and technique of the world’s leading surgeons.
- More clinically relevant than ever, with emphasis on high-yield discussion of diagnosis and treatment of surgical disease, arranged by organ system and surgical specialty
- Content is supported by boxed key points, detailed anatomical figures, diagnostic and management algorithms, and key references
- Beautiful full-color design
- New companion DVD includes eight high-quality, narrated videos:
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Kidney Transplant
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Right Colectomy
- Sigmoid Colectomy
- Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Repair
- Open Posterior Component Separation
Authors: Charles Brunicardi
Shipping Weight: 5 kg
Price : 370 ribu
Shipping Weight: 9 kg
Price : 600 ribu SALE 30% Rp 420.000 (stock 3)
The landmark guide to internal medicine—
updated and streamlined for today’s students and clinicians
Through six decades, no resource has matched the authority, esteemed scholarship, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Capturing the countless advances and developments across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to disease pathogenesis, clinical trials, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new Nineteenth Edition:
- Presented in two volumes: Volume 1 is devoted to foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; Volume 2 covers disease pathogenesis and treatment
- NEW chapters on important topics such as Men’s Health, The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Fatigue, and many more
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Hepatitis, Coronary Artery Disease, Ebola Virus Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Increased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; crystal clear, full color drawings and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Access to outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, and more
Supporting the renowned coverage are supplemental resources that reflect and assist modern medical practice: more than 1,000 full-color photographs to aid visual recognition skills, hundreds of state-of-the-art radiographs, from plain film to 3D CT to PET Scans; beautiful illustrations that bring applied anatomy and processes to life; the renowned Harrison’s patient-care algorithms, essential summary tables, and practical demonstrative videos. In addition, the book’s several digital atlases highlight noninvasive imaging, percutaneous revascularization, gastrointestinal endoscopy, diagnosis and management of vasculitis, and numerous other issues commonly encountered in clinical practice.
Acclaim for Harrison’s:
“Covering nearly every possible topic in the field of medicine, the book begins with a phenomenal overview of clinical medicine, discussing important topics such as global medicine, decision-making in clinical practice, the concepts of disease screening and prevention, as well as the importance of medical disorders in specific groups (e.g. women, surgical patients, end of life). The extensive chapters that follow focus on a symptom-based presentation of disease and then illness organized by organ system. Numerous tables, graphs, and figures add further clarity to the text. The accompanying DVD includes extensive video and image collections of pathology, histology, procedures, additional lectures, and radiology…
…Written by experts in the field, this book is updated with the latest advances in pathophysiology and treatment. It is organized in a way that makes reading from beginning to end a logical journey, yet each chapter can stand alone as a quick reference on a particular topic. “
Doody’s Review Service reviewing the previous edition of Harrison’s
Shipping Weight: 9 kg
Price : 655 ribu
The premier reference in obstetrics for more than a century – now even more relevant to today’s practice
Williams Obstetrics is the most detailed, comprehensive, and rigorously referenced text on the subject. Written by an author team from the world-renowned Parkland Hospital, the hallmarks of this classic are its thoroughness, scientific basis, and practical applicability for the obstetrician at the bedside. This edition of Williams Obstetrics continues to emphasize the scientific-based underpinnings and evidence-based practices of the specialty. This is accomplished by using incorporating more than 3,000 new literature citations and guidelines from the most trusted professional and academic organizations.
One of the important features of the twenty-fourth edition is a greater focus on the fetus as a patient and an expanded discussion of fetal diagnosis and therapy. This is complemented by more than 100 new sonographic and MR images of common fetal abnormalities. A new reorganization of the text enables the book to highlight more effectively the myriad disorders that may complicate pregnancy.
Williams Obstetrics provides a convenient, clinically relevant text of value to the busy practitioner. The book summarizes important new data that has influenced evidence-based management to improve pregnancy outcomes. Much of this data is conveniently distilled into newly created tables and diagnostic and treatment algorithms. During discussion, numerous sources are cited to provide evidence-based options for patient management. Additionally, nearly 900 images complement the text, many of which are new or enhanced. These include sonograms, MR images, photographs, diagrams, and graphs. This edition of Williams Obstetrics continues to provide clinicians with everything they need to know about the practice of obstetrics with a level of authority and quality of presentation not found in any other resource.
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 225 ribu
The twenty-sixth edition of Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology delivers a concise, up-to-date overview of the roles microorganisms play in human health and illness. Linking fundamental principles with the diagnosis and treatment of microbial infections, this classic text has been updated throughout to reflect the tremendous expansion of medical knowledge that has taken place since the last edition published. Along with brief descriptions of each organism, you will find vital perspectives on pathogenesis, diagnostic laboratory tests, clinical findings, treatment , and epidemiology. The book also includes an entire chapter of case studies that focuses on differential diagnosis and management of microbial infections.
Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology, 26e introduces you to basic clinical microbiology through the fields of bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology, giving you a thorough yet understandable review of the discipline.
Here’s why Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg’s Medical Microbiology, 26e is essential for USMLE review:
- 750+ USMLE-style review questions
- 300+ informative tables and illustrations
- 23 case studies to sharpen you differential diagnosis and management skills
- An easy-to-access list of medically important microorganisms
- Coverage that reflects the latest techniques in laboratory and diagnostic technologies
- Full-color images and micrographs
- NEW Chapter-ending summaries
- NEW Chapter concept checks
Authors: Geo F. Brooks
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 155 ribu
Clinically Oriented Anatomy provides first-year medical students with the clinically oriented anatomical information that they need in study and practice. This best-selling anatomy textbook is renowned for its comprehensive coverage of anatomy, presented as it relates to the practice of medicine, dentistry, and physical therapy. The 7th edition features a NEW-AND-IMPROVED ART PROGRAM to reinforce its position as the primary resource serving the needs of anatomy students during both the basic science and the clinical phases of their studies. Moore is the popular choice for anatomy in many programs, including: medical, dental, physician assistant, chiropractic, podiatry, osteopathic, physical therapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology, and sports medicine.
The 7th edition features:
- CLINICAL BLUE BOXES, supported by photos and illustrations, help students understand the practical value of anatomy. Each clinical correlation is classified by the type of clinical information it contains: Anatomical Variation, Trauma, Surgical Procedure, Diagnostic Procedure, Life Cycle, and Pathology
- ILLUSTRATED TABLES organize complex information about veins, arteries, nerves, and other structures
- BOTTOM LINES summarize key study points for students
- INTRODUCTION CHAPTER covers important systemic information and concepts basic to the understanding of the anatomy presented in the subsequent regional chapters
- EXTENSIVE MEDICAL AND DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING reflects the increasing importance it plays in diagnosis and treatment
- SURFACE ANATOMY photos clearly demonstrate anatomy’s relationship to physical examination and diagnosis
- Online CASE STUDIES AND BOARD REVIEW-STYLE QUESTIONS provide interactive, convenient, and comprehensive self-testing and review to prepare for course and licensing exams
- TERMINOLOGY fully adheres to the most current Terminologia Anatomica approved by the Federative International Committee on Anatomical Terminology
Authors: Keith L. Moore
Shipping Weight: 3 kg
Price : 195 ribu
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“This 12th edition of the most authoritative book in pharmacology is the best both in content and physical appearance….This edition of Goodman & Gilman’s continues to be the most authoritative and widely used resource bridging the discipline of pharmacology with therapeutics. Moreover, readers will find this edition to be substantially improved from past editions in both content and physical appearance.”–Doody’s Review Service
The most universally respected and read medical text in all of pharmacology, Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics represents the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. Goodman & Gilman’s careful balance of basic science and clinical application has guided thousands of practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease.
Enriched by a new full-color presentation and updated to reflect all critical new developments in drug action and drug-disease interaction, the twelfth edition includes more than 440 color illustrations depicting key principles and actions of specific pathways and therapeutic agents. The companion DVD includes all the images and tables in the text along with narrated animations.
Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12e is divided into nine sections, covering:
- General Principles
- Modulation of Cardiovascular Function
- Inflammation, Immunomodulation, and Hematopoiesis
- Endocrine Pharmacology
- Gastrointestinal Pharmacology
- Chemotherapy of Infectious Disease
- Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases
- Special Systems Pharmacology
More than a textbook, Goodman & Gilman’s is a working template for the effective and rational prescribing of drugs in daily practice.
Authors: Laurence Brunton
Shipping Weight: 5 kg
Price : 375 ribu
Essential Clinical Anatomy, Fifth Edition presents core anatomical concepts in a concise, student-friendly format. The text includes the hallmark blue Clinical Boxes, as well as surface anatomy and medical imaging features. It is an ideal text for shorter medical courses and health professions courses with a condensed coverage of anatomy.
Essential Clinical Anatomy, like the authors’ more comprehensive text, Clinically Oriented Anatomy, receives global acclaim for the relevance of its clinical correlations. The book emphasizes anatomy that is important in physical diagnosis for primary care, interpretation of diagnostic imaging, and understanding the anatomical basis of emergency medicine and general surgery.
The 5th Edition features:
- A NEW AND IMPROVED ART PROGRAM: Illustrations have been redrawn in a modern, updated style that enhances student understanding of key concepts
- CLINICAL BOXES: Renowned “blue boxes” highlight information on pathology, anatomical variation, trauma, the life cycle, surgical procedures, and diagnostic procedures
- SURFACE ANATOMY AND MEDICAL IMAGING: Chapters include surface anatomy and imaging sections to enhance clinical and diagnostic knowledge
- INTERACTIVE REVIEW QUESTIONS: Prepare for board and class exams with online review questions at thePoint.lww.com
Authors: Keith L. Moore
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 135 ribu
Gain a thorough understanding of the principles of biochemistry as they relate to the study of clinical medicine
THE BEST REVIEW FOR THE USMLE!
The Thirtieth Edition of Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry combines outstanding full-color illustrations with authoritative integrated coverage of biochemical disease and clinical information. Using brevity and numerous medically relevant examples, Harper’s presents a clear, succinct review of the fundamentals of biochemistry that every student must understand in order to succeed in medical school.
All fifty-eight chapters emphasize the medical relevance of biochemistry
- Full-color presentation includes more than 600 illustrations
- Each chapter includes a section on Biomedical Importance and a summary of the topics covered
- Review questions follow each of the eleven sections
- Case studies in every chapter emphasize the clinical relevance to biochemistry
- NEW coverage of toxic naturally-occurring amino acids; extraterrestrial biomolecules; computer-aided drug design; the role of complement cascade in bacterial and viral infection; secreted mediators of cell-cell signaling between leukocytes; the role of mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils; and the hazard of antioxidants that down-regulate radical signaling for apoptosis and increase risk of cancer
Applauded by medical students for its current and engaging style, Harper’s Illustrated Biochemistry is an essential for USMLE review and the single best reference for learning the clinical relevance of any biochemistry topic.
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 150 ribu
Completely revised to feature a new, more modern design, Orthopaedic Surgical Approaches presents all of the latest imaging modalities and techniques used in orthopaedics today. This medical reference book captures the changes in this rapidly evolving field, equipping you with an expert, illustrative guide to the full array of common and contemporary surgical approaches, as well as the relevant regional anatomy. No matter what your level of training, this volume promises to be your go-to manual for acquiring new skills in the OR.
- Access an up-to-date anatomic review of surgical approaches, including new advances in arthroscopy, mini-open, robotic, and computer-assisted techniques.
- Easily reference key information with an organization based on anatomical region (including a review of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks and hazards) followed by procedure.
- Visualize the full range of contemporary surgical approaches used in orthopaedics with over 1,000 original, full-color drawings and color photographs.
- Gain insight into optimal patient positioning, see clear previews of anatomic landmarks and incisions, realize potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection, and learn techniques of closure.
- Take advantage of the newest techniques and procedures with arthroscopic and minimally invasive approaches incorporated into each body region.
- Utilize illustrations and information on surgical interventions and radiological landmarks as an introduction to each body region’s relevant approaches.
- Understand the hazards, particularly with regard to avoiding nerve damage, associated with each surgical approach.
Shipping Weight: 2 kg
Price : 110 ribu